Dell Software released Version 8.5.1 of Recovery Manager for Active Directory Forest Edition.
The new release ships with multiple new features which were requested by many customers for a Long time:
Building virtual test environments
In the past the clone wizard provided only limited capabilities to build a test lab on base of our production Active Directory. Now the built-in logic of the Forest Recovery is used to create virtual lab to mirror an existing Active Directory.
The program component Active Directory Virtualization Lab works with MS System Center Virtual Machine Manager, VMWare ESX and VMWare vCenter.
Active Directory management capabilities
The tool now helps to manage Global catalog functionality and FSMO roles throughout your Forest’s domain controller infrastructure
The new Web Interface for Recovery Manager for Active Directory allows you to distribute the tool’s frontend much more easily
Support for BitLocker Drive Encryption when recovering Domain Controllers
If BitLocker is enabled on the domain controllers to be recovered, the tool will take care to disable BitLocker before starting recovery and to enable afterwards.
Enhanced Management Shell
Release 8.5.1 also ships with new Powershell commandlets to manage RMAD activities by script:
Expand-RMADBackup extracts the content of a backup file to a location you can select (same functionality as Extract Wizard from GUI)
Remove-RMADUnpackedComponent cleans up unpacked data from former restore operations
Remove-RMADCollectionItem removes items from a specific computer collection.
With Recovery Manager for Active Directory Forest Edition (RMAD FE) 8.5.1 you can restore Domain Controllers running the following OS Versions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (including Server Core installation)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 without Service Pack or with Service Pack 1 (including Server Core installation)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 (including Server Core installation)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 without Service Pack or with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 without Service Pack or with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2
You can install Recovery Manager for Active Directory Forest Edition 8.5.1 on the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 without Service Pack or with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows 7 without Service Pack or with Service Pack 1
- possible but not recommended:
Microsoft Windows Vista with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3
You can view all additional Information on the DELL Website here.
If you need assistance in deploying the Software and set up an Active Directory Forest Recovery plan with this tool, please get in contact here.
Migration Manager for Exchange 8.10 is available for download via the Dell/Quest support website along with CPUU 5.2. Remarkable is the support for single-hop Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013 migration scenarios and public folder migration coexistence to Exchange 2013 public folder mailbox technology.
Together with Exchange 2013 as target mailbox system, wave 15 of Office 365 is also officially supported.
According to the release notes, QMM Exchange 8.10 provides the following features:
- Migrate Microsoft Exchange 2000–2010 mailboxes to Microsoft Exchange 2013 without locking users out of their mailboxes.
- Benefit from direct one-step migration from legacy Microsoft Exchange 2000–2010 servers to Microsoft Exchange 2013.
- Migrate your public folders from Microsoft Exchange 2000–2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2013 with co-existence enabled.
- Benefit from full two-way calendar (free/busy) synchronization between Microsoft Exchange 2000-2010 and Microsoft Exchange 2013 organizations during the migration.
- Migrate Microsoft Exchange 2000–2010 mailboxes to Microsoft Office 365 Wave 15 without locking users out of their mailboxes and without extra pre-migration steps. Set up full two-way calendar (free/busy) synchronization during the migration process.
- Consolidate your multiple source forests into the single Office 365 cloud.
- Migrate your Microsoft Exchange organization to an existing hybrid environment with single sign-on enabled.
- Use Migration Manager for Active Directory to create mail-enabled user accounts, and benefit from using the native move job for your Microsoft Exchange 2003–2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2003–2010 migrations (an Exchange 2010 CAS server in the source or target organization is required).
Client Profile Updating Utility 5.2 (aka EMWProf):
- Client Profile Updating Utility (CPUU): Support switching Microsoft Outlook 2013 user profiles from source to target Exchange server
- Client Profile Updating Utility (CPUU): Support for Windows 8 as an end-user platform
- Client Profile Updating Utility (CPUU): Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 as a target.
(Source: “Release Notes for Quest Migration Manager for Exchange, April 30th”)
Recently Quest Software® (now a part of Dell) announced a new release of the frequently used software package Notes Migrator for Exchange. The new release comes as Notes Migrator for Exchange 4.6.1 and supports most actual Notes 7.0.4 as source E-Mail System and Exchange up to Versions 2010 SP3 and 2013 as target. Multiple archives can now be migrated into a single pst file by using the SSDM Utility. Furthermore, a couple of improvements have been implemented when migrating from Notes to Microsoft Office 365® Exchange Online mailboxes.
NOTE: Notes Migrator 4.4 is shifted to “Limited Support” by now.
You can download Notes Migrator 4.6.1 here: